Forum Discussion

StorylineCVSP2
Community Member
3 years ago

Qualified questions template

Hello there, 

I am working with the template "Multiple Questions Vibrance" to build a questionnary with answers and comments. 

The template gives me 4 possible options 

I add a fith option and set it to Correct. 

I use the three types of comments : Correct/Incorrect/Try Again 

Here is the problem: 

When I preview the slide (mobile, tablet or PC screen), here is what I get: 

- Selection of the correct answer, press "Submit" ---> CORRECT and the "Continue" button appears ---> Ok 

- Selection of a wrong answer, press "Submit" ---> "TRY AGAIN" button appears ---> Ok

BUT when the program takes me back to the questionnary, the latest selection appears and if then I select the right answer, it says "INCORRECT".

The latest selection should not appear and selecting the right answer, the system should give me the feedback "CORRECT". 

This doesn't happen when I keep the number of options as such and it happens in other templates as well. 

Can anyone help out please ? 

Thanks a lot

• Hi, Storyline CVSP 2.

Thank you for reaching out!

I couldn't reproduce the second attempt giving the incorrect feedback with that Content Library template you mentioned. Take a look below:

Screen Recording 2022-06-15 at 03.49.11 PM

Are you able to share the .story file so we can investigate what's happening?

You also mentioned that the latest selection shouldn't appear when trying again. That's actually the default behavior for multiple attempts. Take a look at a graded question below:

Screen Recording 2022-06-15 at 03.49.36 PM

The workaround here is to use triggers on your Try Again layer to change the radio buttons from the selected state:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-06-15 at 3.52.55 PM

I hope this helps!

• Hi, Claudie.

I'm happy to help! 😊

Thank you for sharing the .story file! 

When you added the fifth option, did you do it through the form (Form View) or manually on the slide? That option was not part of the button set, so the learner was allowed to choose it while choosing another option as well (instead of only one at a time). I re-created the option in Form View, and it seems to be working now.

Also, you had a "Try again" layer, but it was not connected in Form View. See below:

Windows 10 (1) 2022-06-15 at 4.40.43 PM

I fixed that for you in the attached slide.

Let me know if this works!

• Hi Maria, 

Thanks again for your reply :) 

I started the slide from scratch, filling the options and the "Trying Again" fields in the Form View and I still have the same problem. 

I send you two videos, hoping you see well what is happening. 

Video 1: Form View

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LIfyrN-ycqZ4f_BsLxWwMq4JTbJzzP8b/view?usp=sharing

Video 2: Preview

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ED2Cy8LJs5dY-ZmAGNqJGiYrsnjuo2bE/view?usp=sharing

Kind regards, 

Claudie 

• Hi, Claudie.

Thank you for the screen recordings!

That's not the expected behavior, and I can't reproduce it on my end, so I want to connect you with one of our support engineers to investigate what's happening and help you troubleshoot. I opened a case on your behalf, and you should hear from our team soon via e-mail. 

• Hi Maria, 

Thank you for your help again ! 

Could you please forward the engineers team with my professional mail ? 

xxxxx

I am working on a consultancy assignment. I was given a guest access to Articulate but I can't read  emails.

Please make sure they don't use this email account xxx otherwise I won't be able to hear from them. 

Many thanks, 

Best 

Claudie 

• Hi, Claudie.

Thank you for letting me know! I updated the information in your case, and we will re-send the initial e-mail soon to the address you provided. 

If you want to delete the addresses from your post above, you're welcome to click 'Edit' below your response. Here's a quick Peek 360 video if you need help.

• Hi Maria, 

Thanks for the tip!

I deleted the adresses. 

Kind regards, 

Claudie