Forum Discussion

MelissaMcCornac
Community Member
3 months ago

Quiz Data not reflecting consistently in LMS

We wrote a 35 question timed quiz but are only having 14 questions come through on the LMS reporting. Has anyone else had this issue, is there an easy solve?

We have all the quiz questions selected on Quiz Settings. We are getting correct results and points on our results slide,  so the answers are reading inside the session but 11 questions aren't moving to reporting. We need to be able to track the participant's answers on all the questions. Is there something we could check or do differently? 

AaronPross
    Community Member

What are the question types of the 11 that aren't reporting interaction data? Do they have anything in common?

I'd do a quick test. Take five or so of the questions that aren't reporting and copy them into a new Storyline file. Create a new results slide, publish it to your LMS, and see if anything changes.  

If you can remove any confidential information from your exam and share it, I'd be happy to take a look.

-AP

JoeFrancis
    Community Member

I'll add what communications protocol are you using to return the data to your LMS? SCORM 1.2? SCORM 2004? Note, SCORM 1.2 has a 4,096 character suspend data limit, which may or may not be responsible for the data truncation. SCORM 2004, Ed. 3, expands that suspend data limit to 64,000 characters.

Finally, have you tried testing your course on SCORM Cloud, and what results did you get there?

• Hi Melissa,

Thanks for reaching out!

I see that you’ve reached out to our Support Engineers and are working with my teammate, Dexter. It looks like Dexter was able to publish your course to SCORM Cloud with all 35 responses recorded.

From here, you may want to consult with your LMS provider to check why the responses are not being recorded properly. You can also check out this article on how to enable the debug mode for troubleshooting purposes. I hope this helps! If you need additional assistance, please feel free to reply to Dexter in your case.