Forum Discussion

DanielleEllis
Community Member
3 years ago

Record Screen Issues

(Issue 1) I have 3 monitors and when I record my screen on my non-primary screens it records the entire screen along with parts of my additional screens. I have adjust the aspect ratio and size to match the story size multiple times and can't get it to record only what is in the recording window. 

(Issue 2) If I record on my primary screen (laptop) it seems to be better but when I insert the video as step by step slides it is duplicating the screen and overlapping it. 

Any thoughts on how to fix these issues?

BeccaLevan
    Community Member

Thanks for reaching out, Danielle! Happy to troubleshoot this with you!

Can you confirm that the monitors and computer display settings are set to 100% (96 DPI) resolution? If all displays are already set to this %, and you still have the issue, let us know, and we'll keep digging!

DanielleEllis
    Community Member

My screens were at 150% but I adjusted to 100% and still had the same issues.

BeccaLevan
    Community Member

Thanks for giving that a try, Danielle! 

You should be able to use all three displays if their display settings are set to 100%, so from here, I'd like a support engineer to step in and work with you directly. I've created a support case on your behalf, and we'll reach out via email with the next step!