Forum Discussion

Emily_Tacoma
Community Member
2 months ago

Recording SME for Storyline training

Hello,

I have a remote SME who we'd like to include visually in a Storyline training I'm making. I'm hoping for advice on the best way to record them for the most flexibility for use in the Storyline file. In a perfect world, I'd like to be able to "cut him out" of the background and have him on the Storyline slide background.

So far, I've been thinking about:

- Setting up a Teams meeting and recording it in Teams

- Setting up a Teams meeting and recording it with Storyline record screen

- Setting up a Teams meeting, opening Storyline and giving him control to my computer and recording (I think this might record me, not him)

- Seeing if he can install the 30 day trial of Storyline and record himself directly in the program (less likely)

What am I missing? What's the best way to do this?

• Our team has found success in recording SMEs with Riverside (free podcasting program that also records video. each video/screen is recorded separately which is great for editing later.). We tend towards using the audio from the recording (edited in adobe audition) and B roll of whatever they're talking about, but when we do use videos of SMEs adobe premiere pro is usually the way we go for most flexibility with editing.