Forum Discussion

TanujaShilimkar
Community Member
3 years ago

Removal of the Black Screen at the start of the Articulate Storyline Module

Dear Articulate Team,

Hope You'll well!

We wanted a quick fix solution to the storyline module as to how can we be able to remove the black screen with the play button at the start of the module. (Please see the attachment for more details)

We wanted to represent our solution to the client without the black screen preferably OR at least be able to change the style of the page?

Your quick solution would be appreciated.

• If I may add to this, if you have an audio file on the slide right after that blank one, it will not play at first. I've also noticed that the black screen appears when there are static SVG files as well.

• Hi, Ruby.

Thank you for reaching out!

Do you have audio or video on the first slide of your Storyline project? This article will explain why you see this behavior on modern browsers. 

One option to avoid the Play button is to insert a blank slide as your first slide and add a trigger to jump to the next slide when the timeline starts.

Keep in mind that this will also be browser-dependent, and while it might show the slide without the Play button, it might still require the user to click on the screen to hear the audio. 

You can also customize the black screen with the button by adding a cover photo. You can read more here.

I hope this helps!