Forum Discussion

JeroenVerhoeckx
Community Member
6 months ago

Remove black highlighting behind text boxes

Hello Articulate developers and users,

How do I remove the black highlighting behind the text boxes (see attachment)?

Not sure why I get these. Are they an accessibility feature? The black highlighting are not shown in the preview mode.

Your sincerely,

Verhoeckx

• I solved the problem:

I'm using Articulate Storyline in a virtual machine (Virtualbox) and when I turned of 3D acceleration the black highlights where gone (and some fonts are now also shown correctly).

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for sharing that turning off 3D acceleration solved the black highlights problem for you! You may also consider using Parallels Desktop or VMware Fusion for the best experience.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know here in the E-Learning Heroes Community or privately in a support case. We'll be happy to assist you!

• Hello Eric,

Thanks for thinking along!

I use Virtualbox because that offers the best integration with the Linux distribution that I'm using (Fedora 39). Another option would have been Boxes, but that doesn't have all the features that I want.

The coming weeks I'm going to learn to work with Articulate Storyline. If I have a question, I will let you know!

Verhoeckx

• Thanks so much for the update, Verhoeckx! Feel free to reach out in the future with any questions. 

Have a great start to your week!