Forum Discussion

StacyBruce
Community Member
8 years ago

Removing the default "Lesson" tag for each component in Rise

I am liking Rise, but there is one area that I am unable to find a fix for.

When I prepare a list of components (Blocks, quizzes, etc.), Rise will automatically label this as a Lesson and then number it in the order it appears in my list of components (Lesson 1, Lesson 2, etc.). 

This is a hindrance, as when I title my new component, for example, Lesson 1, the default Rise Lesson # will appear first.  Such as this:

My wording = Lesson 1,   but it appears as  Lesson 2- Lesson 1 ... 

See the screenshots for more clarification on this.

The above screenshot shows what Rise does automatically, I have two Lesson labels above, I want to remove the default Lesson 2 - before the title of my customized lesson (Lesson 1 here).

Below is a list of all of the customized components I created. AS you can see, Lesson 1 is second in order of appearance, and thus Rise labels it by defualt as Lesson 2....

• Hi Stacy,

Thanks for sharing the images here, really helpful to see what the set up looks like you for you and how that's behaving. 

The labels can't be edited today, but luckily that's on our roadmap as a new feature! It's slated for release in Q1 of 2017, so we'll keep you posted! Since features are released to Rise once they're ready and available you'll probably even see it before I get a chance to tell you. ;-) 

AvrilFortuin
      Community Member

Thanks for your suggestion. I am sitting with the same problem. This however, is very complicated for someone like me who is not a tech expert. 

• Avril,

Totally understandable - and that's why our team is hard at work to make editing the labels such as "Start course" a new feature in Rise. We're slated to release that in Q1 of '17 so stay tuned, as that's pretty soon. 

• Hello All!

Happy to announce that you can now customize the default text labels in Rise. This gives you the ability to make built-in course elements, such as buttons and lesson headers, say what you want them to say.

Brian has started a great discussion here if you'd like to check it out and you can find our support documentation here.

As always, we keep our Rise Version History up to date too.

KarenWondergem-
      Community Member

Hi Ashley, is there a way to remove the 'start' feature of the 'course'? I am looking to place the interactive graphic in a course, but I don't want the users to have to click 'start' to get there. I just want the graphic to show. Any advice would be great! 

KimHannan
    Community Member

What if you don't want the lesson label to appear at all? For example, it says "Lesson 1 of 4", but I don't want that label to appear at all. When I blank "lesson" out in the settings, it still shows, "1 of 4". 

• Hi there Kim!

The numbers are automatically set by Rise,but you can change the text surrounding it. The current set up is Lesson # of #.  You can change those elements in bold. 

If you'd like to have the ability to remove the numbers entirely, we'd love to have that feedback in a Feature request here!

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi there, Anna. This request isn't on our immediate roadmap. We're tracking requests, however, and I've tagged this discussion to get an update if we make a change that will help.