Forum Discussion

JoelKosanke
Community Member
4 months ago

Resetting a video

Hope this makes sense. I have a video in my timeline that I have triggers to start and pause at certain points to match the stand alone narration and separate call out boxes that I have appear in the timeline. It all works great when I play it once, but if the learner wants to replay the slide while they are still on that slide, the video doesn't reset. I want the video/animations/triggers to interact with the player's seekbar. Is this possible?

• Hi Joel,

Happy to help!

Videos in Storyline 360 function independently from a slide's timeline. In the attached sample file, you'll see that:

• A video can be paused while the slide's timeline progresses
    • The slide's timeline can be paused while a video plays
    • You can use the slide's seek bar to scrub through the video, but you can't use the video's seek bar to scrub through the slide

There isn't a way for videos/animations/triggers to directly interact with the Player's seek bar apart from the triggers that control the timeline. If you'd like to give your learners a consistent experience when replaying the slide, try changing your slide's revisit behavior to "Reset to initial state" and placing a button that jumps the learner to the same slide when clicked.

Feel free to share a copy of your file here if you need any help with the implementation of my suggestion!