Forum Discussion

EgidioGarbin
Community Member
2 months ago

Restricted navigation not working properly using menu

Hello,

I am struggling with this problem when publishing SCORM objects using Restricted navigation. When resuming, user can't navigate through slides already viewed using the menu. When clicking on a slide that has been viewed before closing the SCORM, the "You may only view slides you already viewed" notification pops up. For example, considering the SCORM attached for testing, if the object is closed while on slide 4 (then it means slides 1, 2 and 3 have been already viewed, since the navigation is set to Restricted), when resuming it goes back correctly on slide 4, but it seems like slides 1, 2 and 3 have not been viewed, they are even displayed like that on the menu  (a slide already navigated should be displayed in light grey).

Navigation works correctly using the PREV button though. I know a possible work-around could be to tell our users that if they need to navigate back they can only use the PREV button, but I would like to understand why the SCORM navigation is not working correctly.

I am using Articulate Presenter add-on for Power Point, default player (I only set Restricted Navigation), all updated to last release.

The attached SCORM can be used for some testing by anyone who can help me fix this problem.

• Looks like the menu is broken. My Restricted menu does not work either. The Free menu also does not work. When clicked, it does not link to the assigned slide. Instead it continues to play the current slide and proceeds to the next slide. It places a check mark on the menu as well. I installed an update this morning and that did not fix it. Hopefully a fix is released soon.