Forum Discussion

DanaCollins-0ee
Community Member
2 years ago

Rise 360 - Archiving unused Blocks

Occasionally, we have the need to remove a block in our Rise course. Maybe the content isn't needed or is adding to the course duration, etc. In some cases the information in the block may be beneficial to future projects and we all hate to have to re-create content. I'm exploring ways to "archive" the blocks for future use instead of deleting them.

Has anyone else found a way to "archive" blocks for future projects? If so, how are you doing it? I was thinking about creating an "Archive" course and placing all the blocks in one course, but I'm wondering if there is a more effective solution that I haven't considered. Thoughts?

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Dana,

We also use an "Archive" course for this purpose.

Tim_
    Community Member

I'm just using block templates. I make a template and stick that one block on it. It works, but the block-template screen is a bit of a dumpster fire when there are hundreds of blocks and combos. It needs tagging or folders.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

I use Block Templates quite often but not for this purpose.

The reason why I use Lessons instead, is that if it's a backup block that's not frequently used, you need to insert a Block Template into a Lesson anyway to see what the Block Template contents are.