Forum Discussion

JessRixon-f4957
Community Member
5 years ago

Rise download extension name

Hi there,

When I add a PPX deck to my Rise course  (as a Multimedia attachment) it downloads as a long numbered extension numbers/letters rather than name of the file.  Can this be changed somehow?

Thanks so much!

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi, is this happening when you download the file in Rise course edit mode, or does it happen when a student downloads the file? Or both?

• Hi J!

In addition to the questions Karl asked, how long ago did you publish this Rise 360 course? Thanks!

• Hi guys, 

The powerpoint is actually embedded within a storyline block, within Rise. When I upload to my LXS, the students can see the attached...

I republished just today.

Thanks for responding and apologies it's taken me this long to reply back to you. 

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

J

• Hi everyone,

is there already a solution for this problem? When downloading a PPT, not the name of the PPT but a long string is displayed as file name.
    Thanks already for your help and best regards!
    Jens

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi there, Jens. You should see the actual file name if you're downloading the attachment from a web- or LMS-hosted course.

The exception is when you use Share links, or if you are downloading from Internet Explorer. Do either of those scenarios apply to your people?

JensRitter-e782
        Community Member

Hi Crystal, thanks for your fast response..I've used the share link..:).so now I know it..

Thanks and best regards,

Jens