Forum Discussion

DorothyMiller
Community Member
31 days ago

Rise Flashcard Stack

Hi

I would like to use the flashcard stack for some knowledge checks and have been advised internally that I cannot use as they are not accessible for our colleagues using assistive technology, ie JAWS.

Has anyone come across this, and could advise how I might be able to make them accessible or re-create in Storyline?

Thanks.

Dot

WallyHobbs
    Community Member

Your colleagues might be remembering a time when the flashcard stack block was less accessible than it is now? We tested flashcard stacks for a recent project using the NVDA screen reader with Chrome: each card was perceivable, operable, and understandable, but...we chose not to use flashcard stacks for the project because the screen reader navigation felt clunky to us, just a bit tricky keeping track of the focus order with two flip buttons and two navigation buttons per card.

They're not as, um, flashy🤦‍♂️but the knowledge check blocks in Rise for multiple response and multiple choice worked very well in NVDA for us, if they happen to work for you instead of a flashcard stack?