Forum Discussion

ScottPage
Community Member
5 years ago

RISE generated web content contains outdated version of JQuery

Hi there,

Our learning and development team uses Rise to generate some content that is then exported from Rise, and is included in another website that we host.  We recently noticed that included in the bundled JS is JQuery version 3.3.1, which contains a known vulnerability  (CVE-2019-11358).  This is setting off source code scanners that we use for our applications, and our clients might see it when examining the site using something like RetireJS.  Can you please indicate when you will be fixing this issue and upgrading the included Jquery to 3.3.4.  Thank you.

ScottPage
    Community Member

That is amazing, thank you so much for taking care of that.  We really appreciate it!

ScottPage
    Community Member

One quick question, sorry!  Is there a patch that we'll need to download for our employee's workstations?  Thanks!!!

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi, Scott! No downloads necessary. Any updates we make to Rise 360 will be immediately available to all users as long as they've refreshed their instance of Rise. So glad we could help!

ScottPage
    Community Member

Could you point me to anything on how they would "refresh their instance of Rise"?  Do you mean a browser refresh?  

• That's right, Scott! A browser refresh is all you need. Let us know if you have more questions!

KatryHarris
    Community Member

I have received a similar issue with a Rise course, published in HTML5 for use by a client with strict security requirements. As of now, the need is to have J Query version 3.6. When will Rise be updated so that I can refresh and republish?

LeaSAgato
      Staff

Hi there, I've let my team know about your requirement for JQuery version 3.6. We'll let you know here as soon as this becomes updated! 

KatryHarris
        Community Member

Nine months later, and I still don't have any response on this. Has it been addressed? 

By now, there's probably another update. My goverment client has the most sophisticated security team, I really need to know if/when this will be addressed.

• Hi, i just wanted to confirm does SCORM output from Rise include JQuery or is it only for web output?

• Hi Adam! Both Rise 360 LMS and Web output include jQuery referenced in the main.bundle.js file. I hope that helps!