Forum Discussion

PamPappenheim
Community Member
8 years ago

Rise Quotation Image

Hi, I really love using the quotation image but am wondering why there is an opening quotation and no closing quotation.  Also, some learners have reported that they are having trouble seeing the text on the image.  I do not see the same problem when I play the course and set up my resolution the same as those encountering the problem.  Any ideas?

NatalieSikes
    Community Member

Is there a way to remove the quotes from the text from the quote block? It would be nice if there was a checkbox that gave users the option to hide quotes if needed. I would like to use the quote block as another type of text/image layout option since the available options with images are fairly limited.

AllisonLaMotte
      Staff

Hi Natalie,

Unfortunately, that’s not currently possible. If you have time to log a feature request and tell us more about your specific needs, that would be super helpful!

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

REricSmith
    Community Member

I too would like the quote marks removed from the template. The Quote D block would have perfect for reproducing the Example I want to make (shown below) except for the stupid quote marks.

Note to designers: we don't always want convenience. Typing two extra characters does not take a lot of time.

• Would love the quotation marks removed.  As R. Eric Smith says, we can easily add them in if needed.  Really frustrating as I like the layout of the quote blocks but I don't always want to use them for quotes.  I know the statement option is available but quotes give me just what I need (if only those quote marks were not there.

• Seems a toggle button to display or hide would be an easy add. Anyway, changing the focus a bit... I'm unsure if this is the best thread for this but I see a bug I didn't know about in Quote C block...

Using a Quote C block, with a transparent background (BG) png image, Rise is essentially ignoring the transparency and "filling it" as white. This appears to be a 2-part bug, that's bug part 1. My image is a circle crop headshot, with a transparent BG.

What caught my eye initially was the "white squared" png stood out since my Quote block was filled with pale yellow. I re-checked I have a transp. BG, yes. I tried filling the transparency with the same pale yellow which improved the issue, but then I caught what I can't fix, bug part 2: Rise seems to layer the image on top of the quote marks which doesn't work since the corner of the image blocks the quotation mark. Using Rise's crop tool doesn't help, it's only square crop anyway. And I don't have time to recreate the part of the quote that's masked onto the upper right of my image. What say, Rise?

Attached a screen shot, nm the blurs to obscure content but the arrow marks the spot!

• Hi there, Chris. So sorry you ran into those two issues with the Quote C block. We're seeing the same problem from our side. We have this logged as a software bug, and we'll reach out to you if we make any changes that will help! 

ChrisRoetzer-64
      Community Member

ok TY - I'm not sure of the code behind but if the "order" or "layer" is
      such that the quote image is brought to front (on top) the image, that
      might solve...

Regards,
      Chris

*Chris Roetzer - he/him/his*
      Sr. Instructional Designer
      Learning & Development

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Chris!

I'm happy to share that we released a new update for Rise 360!

This update fixes the issue you ran into where PNG images with transparent backgrounds are shown with a white background when inserted on a 'Quotation C' block type. There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available!

Please let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported!

• Hi Chris, 

Glad to hear my colleague Alyssa could assist you!

If you'd like for our Support Engineers to take a look at your file, I'd recommend opening a support case. They can assist you further within the case. 

Have a great start to your week!