Forum Discussion

AllisonCampb863
Community Member
31 days ago

Rise Theme cover page issue: Resizing of image in layouts with image and title displayed

Hello!

I am currently using the Rise theme, with the two-thirds right image layout for my cover page. 

However, the display of my course cover page looks, genuinely, a bit unprofessional on different devices. It looks like regardless of what layout option I choose, the course name element is given priority when resizing the screen. This results in my course image getting cropped in weird ways when resizing my screen. And in the tablet view the image is completely cut off on both sides. 

Even just viewing on smaller screens, the corporate logo that I use as my image is getting cropped, cropping out the trade mark emblem on some laptops. 

I've tried using the centered layout instead, but then the image is cropped on top and bottom. It seems to me that this theme is not handling image resizing as expected. I want the image resized based on a certain percentage of the screen (getting smaller in both directions, not just left to right - text banner should get shorter too), and for text to be overlaid if the image is reduced to a certain size, not a cropped image. This can look awful if a corporate logo is used for the image. 

I would be fine with it if I could control the image center/focal point, control the way the image crops (why does the image get blown up so the top and bottom are cut off when using centered layout??), the % of the screen it takes up, or the method of fit. 

See images below for examples on how a logo with trademark is impacted. I had to cover the logo with a color block for the example.

PhilFoss
    Community Member

Alison, the cover images are best to be treated as a texture or pattern, as they are a background image and the crop changes a lot, as you've noticed. Also on mobile the title becomes overlaid on top of this image. But there is an option to add a logo in Theme settings- it shows up underneath the cover image in the white area.