Forum Discussion

VipinKumar-eef7
Community Member
4 months ago

Letter "z" font displaying incorrectly in Storyline 360

The title of my course contains the letter "z" and the default font is Open Sans. However, the font of the letter "z" on the launch page and resume prompt page changes from Open Sans to Times Roman font. Please suggest how to resolve this issue. I've tried changing to other fonts as well, but the letter "z" always appears in Times Roman. Please check attached screenshot.

• Hi Vipin,

I have some great news to share! 

We just released an update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• Triggers to hide or show layers didn't execute and caused slides to lock up

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here!

• Hi Vipin!

Sorry to hear fonts from your Storyline course aren't displaying correctly after publishing! I'd be happy to assist and have some follow-up questions to help us start:

• Does enabling or disabling Modern Text improve the behavior at all?
    • Does the same issue occur across all supported browsers, or is it local to one?
    • Are you observing this behavior when previewing your course within Storyline, or after uploading it to an LMS? If it's the latter, testing your project file with SCORM Cloud is a great way to determine if an issue is LMS-specific.

Also, if you're comfortable sharing the .story file that's giving you trouble, it would be helpful to have a closer look. Feel free to attach it here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Vipin, 

Thanks for the additional information. I can confirm that this behavior is caused by a known bug in Storyline 360 where the letters J, j, p, q, Z, and z are displayed in Sans font in the filename when media is present in the first slide of a course. 

I've added this ELH post to the bug report and we'll let you know as soon as a fix is released!  

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• Some letters on the course start page didn't display correctly.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

VipinKumar-eef7
      Community Member

Thanks Luciana for updates.

But, when I have updated this version and previous version (3.88.32574.0). I had facing problem in layers functionality. This issue was not in Storyline 360 (3.87.32265.0).

Issue: If I try to open another layer on existing layer timeline start, then layer opened for a second and back to previous layer. 

Please do the needful. Because of this problem my existing courses have problems.

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hi Vipin,

The layer issue you mentioned appears to be new, and I don't believe I've encountered this yet. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

• Sure Jose

I have attaching dummy SL file for your reference. Please publish this file in both SL version(3.87 and updated 3.89). Output behave differently. I am trying to open Layer 2 and Layer 3 on Layer 1 timeline start when variable false and true.

Please do the needful. Because of this problem my existing courses have problems.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Vipin, 

Thanks for sharing your project file. I can confirm that you are affected by a bug that is different from the one Luciana previously mentioned. This one causes the trigger to hide a layer to not work properly when the timeline starts. The identified workaround is to downgrade the installation to Update 87 or earlier. I've added you to the bug report so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released!

• Hi Vipin,

I have some great news to share! 

We just released an update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• Triggers to hide or show layers didn't execute and caused slides to lock up

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here!