Forum Discussion

NandrianRan
Community Member
8 months ago

Scoring in Storyline 360

Hi everyone,

I have a question about how Storyline 360 handles quiz scores. If I have a course split into two separate Storyline 360 files, can a learner's score carry over from the first file to the second?

If not, is there a way to ensure learners can pick up where they left off if they don't complete the entire course in one sitting? Ideally, I'd like their progress and quiz answers to be stored for them to resume later.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Hello Nandrian, 

Happy to help!

There isn't a way to pass scores to other courses, but if your main concern is for learner progress to be saved if they are unable to complete the course in one sitting, then your course already does this by default through the Suspend Data element. The Suspend Data stores course progress, which is then read by an LMS and used to return a learner to the point where they left off when a course is resumed. 

As long as you are publishing your course for LMS distribution and uploading to an LMS, and you have your resume behavior set correctly, your learners should be able to resume their progress when reaccessing your course.