Forum Discussion

JudithReymon104
Community Member
4 years ago

screen recording has black background

Greetings, all

I'm trying to do a screen recording, and I am able to make one that records clicks, but it has a black background that obscures the screen I am recording.  Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong and how to remedy this? 

• Hello Judith!

Thank you so much for sharing your project! I see the screen recording on the second slide, and it looks like there is a black rectangle covering the screen. You might find distorted screen recordings if you're recording on an external monitor or have your Windows display settings set above 100%.

Can you try disconnecting the external monitor or set your display settings at 100%? If neither one of these recommendations do the trick, we'll want our Support Engineers to step in. You can connect with their team in a support case.

• Hi Leah,

I'm sorry you're going through this same issue! Were you able to troubleshoot using Lauren's recommendation in the post above? If not, our support engineers would love to troubleshoot this for you! You can get in touch with them by opening a support case.

Thanks for reaching out!