Forum Discussion

AmandaGuy
Community Member
2 years ago

Shapes with Partial Fill

When I attempt to add a shape in my slide, only a quarter of it appears. Similarly, trying to fill a text box only fills it with a portion of color fill. I've done some digging on the boards about this but haven't seen anyone discussing. Does anyone know why this might be happening and how to fix?

• Hi Amanda,

Great question! I understand that when adding a shape only a quarter of it appears and that when adding a fill to a text box it only partially fills. I’m happy to work with you to figure out why these things are happening!  I have a few follow-up questions regarding the situation so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

Which version of Storyline are you using? I am using Storyline version 3.74.30180.0.

Is this happening with more than one file or is this the only time you've seen this?

Are you working from a shared drive? If so, I recommend saving your files on your local drive before creating, editing, and publishing them. This will help minimize any unexpected behavior.

I’ve attached a Story file that I created in Storyline 360. The shape and text box with fill color display properly. Do you mind opening it into Storyline 360 on your end to see if you notice the same behavior? If you do see the same behavior, can you add a shape and a filled text box to see if you're able to create the same thing?

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!