Forum Discussion

HannahWright-70
Community Member
7 months ago

Simplest Possible Countdown Timer that Actually STOPS!

I'm not sure what broke in our company template (I did not create it) but now the timer resets to 59:59 when it reaches the end instead of just hanging out at 00:00 until the student moves forward. 

Also, part of the reason I'm not sure what broke is that our timer is quite complicated (interactions I make are never this complicated so reverse engineering seems to be outside of my skill set).

• Look at the Master;

The minutes and seconds show a reference to the variables, but the hours are just numbers. You can't see the hour variable, but its initial value is 1. The timer doesn't reset from 0:00 to 59:59, it resets from 1:0:00 to 0:59:59

HannahWright-70
      Community Member

We don't use the hour variable at all (I'm not really even sure why it's there to tell ya the truth)

So if I remove or edit the hour variable it won't be included in the countdown?

• AH! it worked! 

I went through my notes and saw that the default should have been 0 the whole time. Not sure how/when/who changed it.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Hannah!

Glad to see Walt has been helping you. So glad to hear your issue has been resolved!

I'm sure other users discovering this thread with similar questions will find the information very useful! If you run into any setbacks moving forward, don't hesitate to reach out!