Forum Discussion

JanetCanaan
Community Member
3 months ago

SL 360 Accessibility: Screen reader reads page name, but then says "blank." Can a page description be added? How?

I'm creating a template SL360 course for "best practices" in accessibility. The screen reader (NVDA) reads the screen name (for example, Introduction to Widgets) but then says "blank." Seems like it is looking for additional information (maybe a description of what is on the screen), but I can't find where that information could be included. What am I missing?

MaryHancock
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I read the article, but it didn't help me. My client assures me that they've fixed it in the past, but they're not sure how it was done. How can I ensure the screen reader doesn't say "blank?" It's only happening one one slide of a multi-slide course.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello MaryHancock,

Happy to look into this for you!

We have the behavior you described tagged as expected behavior. Since it is only happening on one slide, I'll be glad to check if this slide is configured differently than the rest of the slides in your course. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for testing? We'll delete it when we're done!

JanetCanaan
      Community Member

Thanks! I thought there might be an existing discussion, but didn’t know where to look. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone

MaryHancock
        Community Member

Hi, Janet. Did you ever get a workaround for this? I'm having the same issue. Thanks!