Forum Discussion

SeanCampbell-73
Community Member
2 years ago

Slack-Like Code Highlighting

Hi, I would like to request a feature where you add support for code highlighting in normal paragraphs. It would be great if you can do it similar to what Slack does it:

PhilFoss
    Community Member

We were discussing this in another thread and led me to create this integration with highlight.js
    Seems to work! Here's a look at a highlighted CSS block. Note the color of my id has tapped into the color of my theme (its a var in the Rise design system) and can be reused in the highlightjs theme. Some more info: https://highlightjs.org/ I'll be making a video showing how you can install it.

• Hi Sean!

Thanks for your suggestion! While the code highlighting in paragraphs feature isn't in the Rise 360 Roadmap yet, we're tracking requests for this feature. We'll update this thread with any updates that can help! 

Have a lovely day!

• Thanks, we are investing heavily in the creation of Software Engineering related courses. Software Engineers typically expect code highlighting as a standard feature in modern e-learning and documentation tools. This would really add significant value to Rise 360. 

GrenForonda
      Staff

Thanks for sharing these additional details, Sean. I can definitely see how a code-highlighting feature would greatly help in Software Engineering related courses. I will share this with my team as well, and will let you know we if have updates on this request.

• Hello! We would really like this feature too! I think it would be a good idea to allow for some flavor of markdown in general in any given text field.

• Is there any update on this feature request? Can we also open a new feature request for syntax coloring, so that code blocks aren't just a single color but different parts of the code are diffferent colors, as students would see in their software authoring tools. Would be nice have something like https://carbon.now.sh/

Thank you!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Aaron!

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your ideas!

I've included your voice in the feature report as well as the additional enhancements you'd like to see come to Rise 360. We'll be sure to update you if this feature makes it to our Feature Roadmap.

TSwenson85
    Community Member

Hello! My team could use this as well. We are currently exploring whether we can use Rise for our courses, and this is an essential feature we would need in order to start using it (currently using Storyline). Thanks!