Forum Discussion

SarahSexton
Community Member
3 months ago

Slide Layer: 1. trigger not working and 2. Screen reader is reading a hidden object

We have a client that wants to require their learners to click the play button on each base and slide layer. 

The attached file is misbehaving.

Issue #1:  The attached slide plays the slide layers automatically even though I have a trigger on each slide layer "Pause the timeline when the timeline starts".  

AND

Issue #2:   (This is the work around because I can't get the screen reader to read object states in articulate to read to a non-visual learner that a slide layer has been visited.) I have linked the base layer to the slide layer #1 and then to slide layer #1 cover.  The Slide layer #1 cover shows all of the objects on the base layer with the exception of the choice just visited.  I have covered the choice just visited with a solid rectangle to hide the object.  Problem:  the screen reader still reads the hidden object even though visually you can not see it.  

• For me the slide does not move until I press play.

You should switch on the play/pause and the seekbar.

For number 2 I am confused. I suspect the reason is that you have a selected state so it is not switching to visited.

I would just set the layer to prevent user clicking on the base layer and then set the previous slide button you have to hide the object and remove the cover layer

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Sarah,

No slide layers appear on my end when I view the link. The slide just ends here: 

I checked your project file and while you have a trigger that pauses the timeline at the beginning of the timeline, you don't have a trigger that resumes or plays it, causing the slide to stay frozen. I'd like to ask the following questions to clarify your design:

• Does the project file that you shared play your layers when you preview it?
      • Does the slide also stop before the layers are shown, similar to my screenshot?
      • What should be the event to resume the timeline after it has been paused at the start?

Looking forward to your response!