Forum Discussion

BradGoertz
Community Member
9 years ago

Slide Masters Re-ordering?

Is it possible to change the order of the slide masters? I've created an entirely new custom set of slide masters with the goal of making a set of click-and-go templates for my client, and it seems I cannot control the order the slide masters appear after they are created.

I would like to reorder them so development is more intuitive (e.g., the course starter layout is displayed first, then the section starter layout, then title only, title and content, two content, etc. until the course assessment layout and course completion layout.

I realize I can copy an existing master and then strategically choose where to paste it, but that is time consuming when a client decides this will be a "value-add" when the project is nearly completed. And copying and pasting at that point also means going to each slide and altering the layout so it is safe to delete the slide master that was originally designated.

• I am surprised that this was asked 7 years ago, a lot of people want this, including myself, a feature request was created, but it is still not settled. What is the status?

• Hi, Chris!

Thanks for reaching out about this request. Currently, I don't have news on this, but we’ll update this discussion if this feature makes it on our feature roadmap. If you need any help in the meantime, please let us know here or privately in a support case!

• As a new user of Storyline, I am surprised this feature is not in here.  That would be super useful for large projects.

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Stephen! I've added your voice to this request. We'll be sure to update this thread with any news in the future! 

Hope that you enjoy exploring Storyline 360! Let us know if any other questions come up! 🎉

• I'm extremely surprised this still isn't a feature, it seems like it would be a pretty basic option to include. I find it frustrating that we can't reorder slide master slides - I have ones that look similar, but there is one I use more often than the other, and I often find myself clicking the wrong one because I happened to have built it first in the slide master. 
    7 years from feature suggestion, with this many +1s and still no addition seems wild.
    I'll throw yet another +1 on there, hopefully it'll be added soon.