Forum Discussion

MathNotermans-9
Community Member
18 days ago

Small annoying things in the new community to fix for Articulate

Using the new community/forum now a few days. And a lot indeed has improved.
A few things i miss and/or find annoying and would love to be changed ( or some solution you can disable/enable this as a user )

• When hovering / showing more posts on the main page, the user card ALLWAYS pops up ( in Google Chrome ). No way to avoid that, and thats really annoying especially because it blocks the titles of the posts.
  • Every time i open the community, i have to login. It isnot remembered.
  • I miss the job-board as it was on the old community.
  • Hi, Math,

I definitely agree about that pop up. Annoying and persistent!

Perhaps the site logs folks out as a security measure? Yeah, that doesn't seem necessary. If someone takes over my computer, I'm pretty sure they aren't doing it so they can pretend to be me and answer questions on this site. šŸ¤£

Using Chrome, the cookies do let me log in again just by clicking Log In (that is, I don't have to re-enter my email and password). Which, of course, defeats the "security" reason for logging me out when I close the window. 

Well, at least all the questions are in one place. I don't miss having to visit "Products" and "Build Better Courses" (where the questions were often about products). 

MathNotermans-9
      Community Member

Indeed, i donot have to enter email/password, but on the old community when i closed my browser.... and then at a later time opened it up again... i still was logged in. Not now, i have to login. No need for entering email/password as i am remembered, but still need to login...

JudyNollet
        Super Hero

Agreed. The small step of clicking the Sign In button again, even when the system then remembers your email and password, is still annoying. 

The other small thing that I also find annoying? In the discussion list, it says how long ago the most recent entry was made in a discussion. That part is fine. But it only shows the original poster's name, not the name of who entered the most recent reply. On the old site, the list indicated the most recent person who replied. I would often look at posts just because a certain person (e.g., Walt Hamilton, Phil Mayor, you!) had replied. There's actually a lot to learn from doing that, even when a given question isn't immediately relevant.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi MathNotermans-9!

Thanks for reaching out! I've logged your feedback with our product team!

We'll be sure to provide updates on any enhancements to the new E-Learning Heroes community platform. In the meantime, the E-Learning Heroes Job Board can be found, here.

Have a great start to your week!

MathNotermans-9
        Community Member

Thanks Steven. Another point that is really annoying is finding content you made yourself on the community. As i been doing that for quite a while its a lot. I can search for posts made by me, but its not possible to combine searches eg. search for 'query params' and 'MathNotermans'. For example i do know 100% sure i posted about query params in the past. So now some question in the forum pops up about that. I cannot find my own older post. As in the past i just could browse my own posts.

PS. the link provided to the job board gives an error. Does not exist or you dont have access.