Forum Discussion

AdemKilavuz-b5a
Community Member
2 years ago

[SOLVED] Issues with matching activity in Rise

Hello, 

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same issue. We have learners accessing our rise courses through our LMS on an iPad. The courses open within the LMS app so I'm unsure what browser they use. 

When our learners get to a matching activity, whether it be a knowledge check or part of a quiz, the text inside the matching items doesn't appear. They just show up blank. I've attached an image to show what I mean. We can't seem to figure out what the issue is. Would anyone know?

• Hi there! As a first step, I would suggest viewing this course from an iPad in a few different ways:

1. View the course Share link in the Safari browser on an iPad
    2. View the LMS-hosted course in the Safari browser on an iPad (not in the LMS app)
    3. View the LMS-hosted course in the LMS app

Do you notice a difference in how the matching question appears when you view the course in those environments? 

AdemKilavuz-b5a
      Community Member

Hi Alyssa, 

Sharing the course link and opening it in Safari works, it shows the activity content. 

Viewing the course via the LMS on the Safari browser doesn't show the activity content. 

Viewing the course via the LMS on the LMS app doesn't show the activity content. 

• Hi Carlisle Learning, 

Thanks so much for providing this information to us.

I tried to recreate this on my end by building a Rise 360 course that included a Matching Knowledge Check block. I uploaded the course to SCORM cloud, which is a test LMS environment, and then viewed the course in Safari on an iPad using iOS 15.4.1. I didn’t run into any issues with the screen dragging. Here is a look at my test. 

I have a few follow-up questions in order to better understand your current setup:

1. Could you please share what LMS you are currently using? 
    2. What version iOS are your learners currently running on their iPads? 
    3. Have you tried viewing the course via the LMS on a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback so we can investigate further!

• Hi Luciana, 

We use Workday LMS. 

They're running the most current iOS on their iPads always. 

Unfortunately I can't test it on other browsers as the iPads are controlled by IT.

Chris-Santos
      Staff

Hi Carlisle,

I have created a case (03577436) for you with our Articulate 360 support team.  One of my teammates should be reaching out to you soon to help troubleshoot this issue.  You may also reach out to our team directly by sending us the case details here.

DavidMacMinn
    Community Member

Hi,

has there been any progress with this as yet? One of our clients has experienced this issue with three separate learners, with hundreds completing the course without issue.

Thanks,

Terry

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Terry! So sorry to hear that 3 of your learners are experiencing the issue. Please open a case with us here so that one of our technical support engineers can assist you directly!

Please include information on the device type, OS, and browser these learners use.

AdemKilavuz-b5a
      Community Member

Hi Terry, 

It turned out that our uploaded font was causing the issue. Double check that your font is WOFF format. 

DavidMacMinn
        Community Member

Thanks for the heads up, will give it a shot. :)