Forum Discussion

LisaPeterson-3c
Community Member
2 years ago

"Something went wrong" error message while authoring Rise course

Hi,

I'm trying to complete a course and am doing very simple edits to text. However, I suddenly have been getting the "Something went wrong" error message many, many times in a row and I'm losing work. I can't finish this course, what do I do?

I'm using the latest version of Chrome, I cleared my cache, restarted my computer, rebooted my internet and no luck. I also checked the Articulate status page and it says everything is operational.

Any and all help is very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Lisa

AnthonyWilli149
      Community Member

I think there might be platform problems. I'm getting this on every course but I've just seen people are having difficulty even logging in

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Kris,

I'm sorry you've hit this snag! Anthony is right, we are monitoring an issue with Rise today, and our engineering team is looking into it. We'll let you know once the fix is available. 

You can monitor our progress here. I appreciate your patience!

• Hello Kris,

Rise 360 is loading normally again, and you can now publish courses without issues. Our engineering team is closely monitoring the situation to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Please test this out and let us know if the issue recurs. Thank you!

Learning1
    Community Member

Hi - I get this:

Something went wrong.
    Click to refresh and try again.

REFRESH

When I click the button block which links to another Rise course. It worked before but not sure why it's no longer working. 

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Learning 1, 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out, and I'd love to help! To help us find the best way forward, please confirm how you're sharing the other Rise course. Did you point to a share link or the "index.html" file after publishing the course to Web?

I ran some tests on my end with a share link. Fortunately, the behavior did not happen. You may view my test course here. I added the share link for initial testing, but please note that share links should not be used for long-term hosting. It's possible that server issues when using a web publish may cause the errors you're seeing.

Also, have you tried using another browser with the latest updates to see if you can replicate the issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• I have resolve the issue just "Something went wrong" error message

In my case the video was not uploading in the Tab interactivity so I just added a new tab and  deleted the existing tab and it works.......

Thank you

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi there,

Thanks for updating this discussion with your solution! I'm glad to hear your issue is resolved.

•  

It sounds like you're encountering the 'Something went wrong' error with one specific course when trying to publish it, even though it was working fine a couple of weeks ago.

MaximeChelet
    Community Member

Encountering the same issue as the member who created this thread ! 

Any fix for this ? Can't edit two lessons of a Rise course. Same when creating copies. Getting the "something went wrong message..."

Tried with all possible browsers, incognito mode, logged in, logged off etc...

• Hi Maxime,

Thanks so much for reaching out. Sorry to hear you've run into this snag. I've opened a support case on your behalf so we can look into this for you! Our team will reach out to you shortly via email.

Thanks for your patience. Have a nice afternoon!