Forum Discussion

BillLarocque
Community Member
8 months ago

JAWS saying something in Block quote

We have a RISE course and whenever the screen reader (JAWS) hits a block quote - it says (in a different voice) something that sounds like "Asset Tails" or something similar. Does anyone know what it is actually saying, and whether or not you can format the block quote to not have JAWS reader identify by saying this? At no other part of the course does JAWS say anything out of the ordinary except the block quote sections and like I said - it does it in a completely different voice.

PhilFoss
    Community Member

Bill, I believe it is saying "has details" when it encounters a caption element, are you using a caption? Maybe its the author part of the quote, that might be blank.

BillLarocque
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply Phil - yes I believe that is what it is saying! Is there any way to not have it say "has details" after every item in this lesson block?

PhilFoss
      Community Member

Kinda sounds like a bug. If there is no text in the caption, the caption element shouldn't exist in the lesson code. But it does and JAWS tries to read it. You could try using a different block, or it would require a modification to the course after exporting.

BillLarocque
    Community Member

Yes, we have tried a few variations of this block and it always says "has details" after everything in there. I'll send in a support request.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Bill,

Good call on opening a support case. I can see that my colleague Fannie is already working with you on the issue. You're in good hands, and we'll continue the conversation over there.