Forum Discussion

3 days ago

Something Went Wrong Error

I have been creating courses on Rise using the Edge browser, and when I go to add content to lessons, three of them (in the same section), refuse to create a lesson and pop up with the error message:

Something went wrong.

Please try again or contact support if the problem persists.

I try to delete the lessons, but the browser just spins and is not capable of deleting them.  I can make new lessons in the section that will work and allow me to create content.  I have tried clearing the cache to no avail.  I have already tried Chrome and Firefox, and there is no change.

This is the second course that this has happened with, and I am feeling that this makes Rise impossible to trust for course design, as it feels like my courses get corrupted partway through.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  It makes it difficult to evaluate for the rest of my trial if I can't create lessons at all.

• Hello aeb789,

I'm sorry to hear about the error message you're experiencing. I appreciate the troubleshooting you've already tried, including clearing the cache and using a different browser. 

Kindly check as well if your browser has the latest updates and JavaScript is enabled. One other thing you can try is to use Incognito / InPrivate mode to rule out possible browser extensions that may be causing the problem. 

Let me know if the issue persists after these steps, and I'll be more than happy to assist further. If you want more targeted help, you can also connect with us privately in a support case.