Forum Discussion

MikeMohr
Community Member
4 months ago

States Combining

I was working on a project and ran into a situation where my custom state combined with my visited state. Is that normal? I've attached a one slide sample of what's happening. One the Base layer is an image that when clicked on, it opens a layer. On the layer is a back button and a variable set button. If you select the back button without first selecting the variable set button, the layer hides and the button shows the custom state. If you then select the button again and open the layer, select the variable set button and then the back button, the image when the layer hides should just be the in the visited state. The custom state doesn't turn off. Or am I missing something?

• Place these at the top of the layer triggers. This way, you reset Picture 1 to Normal before also setting it as Visited.

From my understanding, the state of Picture 1 will be either Normal or Not Completed. Visited just modifies the current state. In this case, you are giving both states a green tinge. 

If you, for example, add a small square to the center of Picture 1 in the Visited state, you will see that the square will cover (not replace) the "Not Completed" text, when that state is active.

MikeMohr
    Community Member

Thanks Nathanial, I guess I didn't know that the visited state was a modification of a current state and not something totally separate. Will have to keep that in mind for future designs.