Forum Discussion

CindyPandke
Community Member
3 months ago

Storyline 360 - Pause Timeline trigger on base layer and other layers not working

We have slides that until recently, the Pause Timeline on this slide when timeline starts on this slide if variable is true, and the Pause Timeline on this layer when timeline starts on this layer if variable is true, were working and now they are not. Does anyone know if anything changed?  I will provide further details if needed.  Not sure if a recent update changed something.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

CindyPandke
    Community Member

This has been fixed in update of September 17, 2024 (3.92.33225.0)

• Hi Cindy,

I have some exciting news to share! We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 92, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

Video content continued to play when the timeline was paused

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

• You can also drop back to Update 87 if you need to publish these without editing if that saves you some time.

• The good news is that your slide is pausing.  The bad news is that the video is not.  This seems to be a change as the pausing of the timeline used to pause the video as well, but these seem to be disconnected now.  For now, adding an additional trigger to pause video  should work for you, until this is addressed.

CindyPandke
      Community Member

Thanks Ron - appreciate the time you put towards this.  The sad news is that I have so many modules with this type of programming.  I will fix this one now as it is about to launch.  Should I open a support case?

CindyPandke
        Community Member

I did open a support ticket - will advise if anything changes.

• Hello Cindy

I am not able to replicate it.  These triggers seem to function as expected in a new project.  Can you share your file?

CindyPandke
      Community Member

Thank you.  File is attached.  Using Storyline v3.89.32618.0

You will need to activate button to turn accessibility features on (Information Page). Once they are on then the video/audio should not play as the base layer should be paused. This had worked previously.

Please let me know what other details you may need.