Forum Discussion

JessicaWakem
Community Member
8 years ago

Storyline 360 freezing?

Hello all, 

Last time I posted on one of these I got my problems solved so hoping that happens again!

Every single day this week my Storyline 360 has been freezing up at least once a day, over very minute tasks such as resizing/moving a shape or taking something from the icon library. It is very frustrating and causing me to lose work constantly. Anyone else having that issue?

Also I am not one of those people who has several storyline files open at once or even many programs open at once! I usually have a Word doc, SL 360, Chrome and a few images open at once, that's all. 

Hope someone can help. I am going to run a virus scan and see if that's a possibility.

Thanks

MsMMills
    Community Member

I'm using Storyline 360 which keeps freezing and I cannot complete any task such as insert/move/copy/paste or duplicate in respect of objects - nor can I group items.  I've had no problems until the recent SL 360 Version update 3.52.25156.0.  Reverted back to previous SL 360 version 3.51.24979.0 problem still occurs. Uninstalled and reinstalled SL360 yesterday and today.  I’ve already copied files and this has made no difference.  I’ve conducted two computer diagnostic and optimization tests with clean reboots and the moment I access and try to work in SL 360, it freezes again.  Navigating from slide to slide creates a significant delay before the function occurs.  Eventually, the light blue swirling circle (save feature) appears, SL 360 is frozen yet again when that appears.  Sometimes, I receive a message from Windows stating that the Storyline program is not responding.  I have also checked and rechecked Windows 10 Update (currently 21H1) and all is okay.  Can you please help, I cannot have a third day without being able to work on this project, with two more pending?

• Hi Mary,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing with your software installation. 

Based on your troubleshooting, I've opened a support case on your behalf so that you can work directly with our team. You should be hearing from someone soon.

MsMMills
      Community Member

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for following up. I have since resolved the problem by deleting the slide(s) in question and reworking them. This seems to have eliminated the problem for the moment. The only issue I have now is the slow/delayed response times when working with objects on layers and triggers.

Mary

• Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced this several times. I understand how frustrating that can be, and it shouldn't be happening! Next time you run into this issue please feel free to reach out to our support engineers so they can investigate what may be causing this.