Forum Discussion

BrianHarris-aa4
Community Member
2 years ago

Storyline is Crashing Upon Recent Update

I updated my Storyline today. Whenever I try to play a slide or preview a slide or output an e-learning course, I get a crash notice and storyline stops working. The slide doesn't play, the output doesn't complete, and the preview progress freezes.

I have closed and restarted storyline several times and even restarted my PC but I am still having the same issue. The storyline files were working fine yesterday when I opened the same project from the same location. I have tried older and newer files and I am having the same issue. I can send the file that I am working on if you would like.

Thanks for your help.

• We're having the same issue. In our case we are unable to downgrade either as we get an "unknown error" every time, so we're essentially stuck with no ability to publish a course.

• It would be helpful if someone from Articulate could investigate this issue. We have been unable to publish courses using this version, and are unable to downgrade or uninstall Storyline.

• Hi Brian, 

Great call on opening a support case. I can see that my colleague Lejan is already working with you to troubleshoot the behavior. You're in good hands, and we'll continue the conversation in the case! 

• I tried the first method, and it gave an error when uninstalling:

The other link, manually downgrading Storyline, is useless as it can't install an older version without uninstalling it first!