Forum Discussion

BillDane
Community Member
9 months ago

Storyline links are being marked/colored as visited when not visited previously

There's a problem with the Oct 3 2023 version and later versions of Storyline. As of the 13 Dec 2023 version, this is still a problem. Using the Oct 3 and Dec 23 versions when I publish a course I see that links to triggers to show a slide layer are marked as visited when they actually weren't.

Here's the scenario: I have links on multiple slides that show layers named "modal 1", modal 2", etc. When progressing through the course and having clicked on links on one slide, the links on a following slide are incorrectly marked as visited (showing the visited state of the hyperlink). This is not good.

I see what's happening and it seems easy enough to fix. 

Previously, the <a> tags for each trigger/link had a prefix in the href part of the tag for each link, like this:

And that prefix came from the ID of the text box:

Now, the href part of the link is just the ID of the link itself without the prefix, and the link is not unique enough for the browser to color it as a non-visited link:

But the ID of the text box is still there to use:

I’ve tried editing the name of the layers, but nothing I can do will resolve this.

I submitted a bug report for this, Case #03920235. Can this issue get some traction, please?

• Hello, everyone! 👋

I wanted to share that we've released Storyline 360 (Build 3.84.31647.0) which includes the fix for the bug where hyperlink states didn't work as expected when navigating only with a keyboard or after duplicating a slide.

All you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, don't hesitate to reach out to our team by submitting a support case. 

Have a great day and happy developing!