Forum Discussion

MarineDEMAISON
Community Member
11 months ago

Storyline quick access toolbar align and center not available ?

Hello,

I had in previous versions of SL an array of alignement icons I used all the time, like distribute objects evenly, align to left, center, and so on. 

In the new and updated SL I got after changing employer, I cannot find anymore how to put those in the Q-A tootlbar. Right-click does nothing on the sub-menu level, I can only pin the global Align tools, which is a pain since there's so much more clicks to do for such a simple task !

Please, correct this regression, being able to have a quick panel of alignment options is sooooo useful !!! 

Ideally, with the ability to reorder items in the Q-A toolbar ! But just being able to have sublevels icon via right-click like it was in previous SL version would be great already !

Cheers, 

• Hello Marine!

Sorry, you've hit this snag regarding adding items to the Quick Access Toolbar; I'm happy to help! Currently, only the top-level icons can be added to that toolbar. The alignment icons are in the Storyline ribbon: Drawing Tools -> Format -> Arrange and Align. You can right-click these and select Add to Quick Access Toolbar.

Please check out this quick demo I prepared for you. Let me know if you have any questions!

• Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Do you think the previous behavior will be restored ? It really costs me much time to have to click so much to do such a repetitive task.

All graphical softwares do not have those tools inside a menu, for a very good reason !!!

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Marine, 

Can I ask which specific icons are you trying to add to your Quick Access Toolbar? So far, I was able to add the align actions to the toolbar, but it looks like you're trying to add a different set entirely. 

• Hello,

The icons I'm trying to pin in the custom menu are exactly those you are showing me : Align and center, Align to left, etc. How did you manage to add those ? In the current Storyline version, right-click doesn't react at all when I right-click on those, there's no contextual menu, neither does the option "Add to quick access bar" appear.

In the attachment, when I right-click in the submenus, there's nothing happening.

• Alright, I got it.

The contextual menu doesn't work in the submenus, so one has to select objects in order to have the format submenu showing the icons directly, and then, the right-click enables them to be pinned.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Marine!

Thanks for circling back and letting us know how you're able to pin the items! If you need help with anything else, please let us know here in the E-Learning Heroes Community or privately in a support case. We'll be happy to assist you!