Forum Discussion

NatalieGraham-e
Community Member
3 months ago

Text Entry Activities in Rise

Hello! 

I know that there have been requests for this feature over the years but I'm adding a new one:

Our team is in desperate need of a text entry option for Rise. Right now, the closest feature is the Fill in the Blank block, even if we had the exact same feature minus the acceptable responses, it would be great.

We would just need something that says "thank you for your response" rather than the right or wrong feedback options that are currently available. 

Right now, the only thing stopping us from simply using the Fill in the Blank block as a text entry is that it must show a correct or incorrect response. We would like learners to simply be able to type a few sentences that would not be marked as right or wrong. 

In addition, the text entry feature we are hoping for would not need to connect to an LMS, it would simply be a tool for learners to solidify/reflect on the course content.

We've been using very simple Storyline blocks as a way to create this feature on our own, but this option is quickly becoming less and less sustainable as we have more and more courses that need to be translated into different languages. When we translate a course, each Storyline block has to be translated and maintained separately. 

Hopefully this explanation helps bump up this feature request! I am assuming that because the Fill in the Blank activity already exists, it wouldn't be too difficult to create something so similar.  

• Hello Natalie,

I appreciate you reaching out with a detailed description of your request!

I have informed our product team of your need for a suitable text entry option in Rise without receiving right or wrong feedback. I have directed them to this post with its full text so that our product engineers know all the details and help with prioritization.

We'll update this discussion with any changes that might help. You'll be among the first to know when this feature is included in a future release of Rise 360.