Forum Discussion

NoraAion-adac67
Community Member
4 years ago

Text Entry field in a Software Simulation

I have been trying to do a software simulation and saving it in Try mode in Articulate Storyline 360. When I recorded the screen, I entered some text that the user will need to enter in try mode. I see a text entry field has been inserted according to the timeline, but a user is unable to enter text. Why?

• Hi, Nora.

Thank you for sharing your .story file!

Which browser did you use for the screen recording? We have a logged bug where Text Entry is misplaced when Recording Screen that was reported when using Chrome, which might be what you are experiencing.

The current workaround is to adjust the textEntry box, which is showing on the top left of your screen.

Windows 10 (1) 2021-05-04 at 12.20.21 PM

I moved the box into the right position in the attached file. We'll come back to update you when we have news on this bug.

NoraAion-adac67
      Community Member

Thank you for the quick response! I was using Chrome, so I will try in
      Firefox. In the meantime, I'm happy you found the text entry box. I look
      forward to the bug fix.

Best,
      Nora

• I Maria/ Nora I am trying to add text entry to my software sim and I am not understanding how to add this to the try me scenes in my slides, any help? Thanks

• Hi Anthony!

It sounds like you've already recorded the screen recording and now looking to add text entry fields. Is that correct? 

If they weren't in the original screen recording, then you'll need to manually add them. I'd also consider adding a trigger to pause the screen recording as well until the learner types in the text entry field.

If you want to share your .story file, we're happy to take a look! You can either share it in this discussion or upload it privately in a support case.

• Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for checking in on this! I understand you are looking for an update on the bug with text entry boxes while using Google. There currently hasn't been any movement on this as we prioritize other fixes. I'm going to include your voice in the report. We’ll update this discussion when there is any news to share about this.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Tom!

Thanks for reaching out! I don't have any updates to share at the moment as our team has been focusing on other fixes. I've added your voice to the report so you can be notified as soon as we have news to share!

Also, for your reference here's a closer look at how we tackle bugs.