Forum Discussion

MandatoryTra229
Community Member
3 years ago

Text-to-speech in Rise 360

Hello everyone, please how can i add text-to-speech in rise 360? 

KatirnaGotts
    Community Member

Hi, is thee an update for when we are likely to have text-to-speech functionality for Rise?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Katrina!

Thanks for checking in on this!

I don't have any updates to share at this time as our development team prioritizes other features. Not to worry! I've included you in the feature report and will update this discussion if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

Have a great rest of your week!

• I need to ask this. Why do people want text-to-speech? What is the use case scenario? How would it enhance learning? 

Andree-AnneHebe
      Community Member

It's for accessibility purposes. If you have visually impaired learners, or learners whose first language is not English, having an audio functionality is imperative. This is also why most websites now, or news articles have a "listen to this article" feature at the top. It's for accessibility purposes so that everyone can consume your content. 

CaryGlenn1
        Super Hero

I've done extensive testing with learners who have visual impairments. All of them used JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, Dragon Speaking Naturally or another app. None of them ever requested that there was a built in TTS. Screen readers provide much more than just TTS. 
        I'm not sure about learners who first language is not English. I find it easier to read in another language when I'm learning it because then I can go at my speed and look up words that I don't know. 

SamanthaKelly-a
      Community Member

As Andree-Anne stated, it can be used for accessibility but also, instead of having to record narrative after narrative, you can just type what you want to say one time and move on with your project. The audio is generally much cleaner than recordings and CC may be off with recordings but with crisp text-to-speech, CC is more likely to be correct.

• Please add me to the list as well. Not having that ability very much limits what we can do with Rise.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your feedback! I've shared your comments with our developers.

• I would also like the TTS.

In our company we make training i Danish and English, but i am not able to do the English VO, by my self.
    So i would like a lot, this feature.
    I will use the method above until then.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Henrik,

I appreciate you sharing your use case with us. Adding text-to-speech audio in English for non-English speakers is definitely a plus! We are continuing to gather votes for this request to assist our product team in prioritization. I've added your vote.

I'm glad the workaround is effective for you. Let me know if I can assist with anything else.

TammiMoore
    Community Member

There is mention of a work around suing SL360.  Building a course in Storyline and importing it defeats the whole purpose of working in Rise.  Is that the work around or is there something I am missing?

TammiMoore
    Community Member

Can you advise me on how to export the MP3 audio file from SL360.  I was having trouble locating that option. 

Thank you. 

EricSantos
      Staff

I'm happy to help with that, Tammi. There are several ways to export audio clips from a Storyline 360 project. You can use one of the methods outlined in the article below.

Let me know if you encounter other issues, and I'd be more than happy to assist further!

JonnaCain
    Community Member

Please add me to the list as well. I am amazed this feature isn't already available in Rise since it is in Storyline.