Forum Discussion

SeanFriday
Community Member
8 months ago

Too Fast to Complete

Hi Everyone,

I recently created a microlearning in Rise360 and issued it to several colleagues. When I tested it, I got my completion email from my LMS. However, some people were having problems getting a completion email. Seems like speed/timing is the problem. How do I make it so that everyone receives a completion no matter how fast they click through the training? Is that on me or the LMS?

• Hello Sean,

I'm sorry you've hit this snag with the completion status of your Rise 360 course; I'm happy to help! I have yet to hear of similar reports with microlearning.

To rule out an LMS issue, test your published course at SCORM Cloud and compare the results with your LMS. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard LMS testing engine.

If it works at SCORM Cloud, I recommend contacting your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue. If your course doesn't play correctly at SCORM Cloud either, could I have you connect with us in a support case so we can determine what's happening? We'll reach out soon after we hear from you!

• Talking of timing. I want to ensure learners take the time to actually absorb information. I'm using micro learning principles but there will always be people that just want to skip everything.
    I know how to use the continue bar to make them 'complete' the section or sections above but is there a way to make them wait a certain amount of time before they can click through? Preferably with a warning that tells them they have to take the time to do the training properly...

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Adam,

Thanks for letting us know that you're interested in seeing an option for authors to be able to set a minimum time spent in a course before completion. We are still tracking this feature request, but we'll be sure to let you know when this makes it to our product roadmap!