Forum Discussion

AdrianFoley-472
Community Member
2 years ago

Triggers and buttons working in when I preview project, but not in Review 360

Hi there

I've been working on a project with some triggers that change the state of  buttons once variables on certain layers are set to 'true'.

The only problem is that when I preview the project, these buttons appear when they're supposed to and work fine, however in Review 360, the triggers work only some of the time and the buttons are not visible for some reason. 

Can anyone help with this? 

• Without seeing the Story file, it would be a guessing game as to the cause.  Can you share the Story?

AnnRothpletz-ce
      Community Member

My client gave me permission to share the file. 

Storyline File: Cash Management-Revised (s copy).story

Reviewer 360 Link: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/5262ec17-66e3-481c-a47b-a9b60233d6d5/review

The course is divided into multiple scenes. Here are a few of the slides with the issue of "click next" appearing (and an enabled NEXT button) before the learner visits all layers. All of these are in the scene 3 (Basic Cash Flow Concepts):

Slide 3.3 Effective Cash Management

Slide 3.4 Construction Receivables and Payables

Slide 3.6 5 Keys to Strategic Cash Management

Again, thank you so much for your help. 

Best,

Ann

AnnRothpletz-ce
      Community Member

Thank you for your quick reply, Ron!

I have just reached out to my client to get permission to share the file. If my client is reluctant to let me share it with the entire E-learning Hero's community, may I send the file to you privately? 

I am very grateful for your willingness to help!

• Hello.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I am having this same issue. I was given the task to rebuild a series of Storyline courses that were originally designed several years ago (2018-ish) by someone else. I updated the all of the files to Storyline 306. 

Many of the variables are true/false variable, which change from False to True when the learner visits a layer on a slide. Once all slide layers are visited (i.e., all slide variables are "True"), a "click next" text box pops up, and the Next (>) button becomes enabled. This allows learner to progress to the next slide. 

All of this works as it should in Preview, but when I publish it to Reviewer 360, the "click next" text box pops-up after viewing the first layer (and the NEXT button is enabled), even though the learner has not visited the other 5 layers on the slide. 

Is anyone able to help me with this issues?

Many thanks!

• Hi Adrian,

Great question! I understand that your triggers aren't working as expected and your buttons aren't visible in Review 360. I’m happy to work with you to figure out why these things are happening!  I have a few follow-up questions regarding the situation so I can understand what you are experiencing a little better.

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!