Forum Discussion

EdwardAgadja170
Community Member
11 days ago

Triggers/variables not working as intended

Can someone please help me understand why a certain trigger sequence, involving variables, isn't working the way it should (at least according to what I understand)?

So, I have two layers on the slide: one layer for the content and another layer for the audio. 

I have three triggers for the slide:

1. one trigger will immediately show the audio layer once the timeline starts (hence playing the audio when first visiting the slide).
  2. The second trigger is meant to hide this audio layer when learners visit the slide IF the audio variable has been set to false.
  3. The third trigger sets the audio variable to false if the learner visits the slide and the timeline reaches 5s

My intent is for this slide to be a hub that learners will revisit several times throughout the course where the audio won't play repeatedly after visiting the first time. I feel like the three triggers outlined above flow logically.

So why is it that the audio doesn't play when I visit the slide for the first time in Review 360? Thanks for your help!

• It might be hard to diagnose without seeing the slide.  However, it seems like you could do the same thing without the layers.  Have the audio appear on the timeline of the slide and just set your slide properties to resume on slide revisit.