Forum Discussion

DiversityLearni
Community Member
2 months ago

Trouble Getting a Storyline Course into Our LMS

Hello! I have been struggling to get a course of mine uploaded into our LMS. A couple things about the course:

1. It was a PowerPoint Presentation with Audio in it that I converted over to a Storyline Module.

2. The audio is embeded into the PowerPoint

3. There are also three embeded videos in the presentation that I had to put in after I converted it to Storyline. 

4. The size of the zip folder when I download it is 88,943 KB

OK, so when I take the zip folder and upload it into the LMS it takes forever to load. Then I try to preview it and instead of showing me the course it will just download another zip folder. I have taken a deep dive into my LMS and used other Storyline files that uploaded no problem. So I don't think it is a LMS (RELIAS) issue. It is something with the course file itself, but I can't figure out what? I compared the contents of the zip file to the contents of courses that work and I can't see a difference. 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

JHauglie
    Community Member

This sounds like an issue related to the file size and the embedded video/audio components. I am not familiar with your LMS but from what I have seen, sometimes the LMS "trips" over a seemingly random combination of factors like this. So I would start further investigations with whoever supports your LMS.