Forum Discussion

LindaPreston
Community Member
4 years ago

Trouble with States

I am having trouble with states. I want the icon to show in normal view but not in selected view. Instead I want color and text to show up. When I go to states on the shape, the icon shows on Normal but when I add a Selected state, the icon does not show so I could delete it and add the color and text. What am I missing? I have attached the slides. I had to import them from the original storyline as the original is huge and I am only having trouble with these 2 slides. The icons did not transfer exactly but you can look at the first column on the first slide to see my issue. If I can figure out 1 shape, I can do the rest.

• The icons are not part of the shape, but pasted on the state while editing. Since the built-in states are overlays of Normal state, the selected state overlays the Normal State, and the pasted icon is then placed above it. You might be able to paste the icon on the shape and make a group of them, but groups don't play nicely with states, and I can't see that making you happy.

It may not be the easiest way but this works best:

Edit the shape, select both the shape and the icon, right click, and export as picture. Insert the exported picture, and give it a Selected shape. I did this with the multiple large bags of clothes in the sample.

LindaPreston
      Community Member

Thank you so much for the help on this one. I created pictures and it
      worked as desired. I could not have done it without your help.

LindaPreston
    Community Member

This worked perfectly. Thank you so much. It is exactly what I wanted. It took a bunch of time but it looks great.