Forum Discussion

TrainingDepa304
Community Member
7 months ago

Trying to Set "Incorrect" Response when User Clicks Outside Text Entry

Hi All,

I'm creating an assessment that simulates a user searching the web. I want the user to get the question wrong if, at any point before/during/after entering text, they click outside of the text entry box. (The text entry box is set to submit the response when the user presses the enter key.) The idea is that if a person does not know how to conduct a websearch, and are clicking around the page trying to figure it out, the question should be marked incorrect. They should also get the question incorrect if they type in anything aside from the accepted answers. So I want the user to be able to get the question wrong in two different ways.

I've talked to someone for advice on this already and they suggested setting up a variable and trigger for an "incorrect click" that takes the user to a new slide, then automatically submits an "incorrect" response when the timeline starts on the new slide. I'm open to doing this but I have no experience with variables yet and would love to find a more efficient method than having to build all of that out. Any suggestions are appreciated!

- Julie

• Another approach would be creating additional trigger:
    Show layer Incorrect When the user clicks outside Text Entry.

• Hi Nedim,
    Thank you for that. I can't believe it was so easy! You helped me understand better how Storyline's scoring system works.