Forum Discussion

LisaFalzon
Community Member
3 months ago

Unable to have a second attempt on questions

I have set the exam module at the end of my course to allow two attempts (if they do not achieve the required pass mark of 70% on the first attempt). I am testing this published course myself (published to our LMS), and it won't allow me a second attempt (I purposfully failed on the first attempt). The LMS says I have had the two attempts, which I haven't. Seems like the act of launching the module registered it as an attempt, ratehr than the actual completion and scoring of the questions. 

How do I configure my Storyline file so that the status doesn't trigger unless the exam has been submitted? It looks like it's holding onto the result from my first attempt and sending that back to the LMS.

I've attached a screen grab of the results slide triggers. Thank you in advance!: )

• Attempts in an LMS and attempts inside a course are two separate things.

For the LMS they would have to close and reopen as a new attempt (often a button for this)

A single course counts as one attempt if you have it set to pass/fail that is normally terminal in the LMS and no further score is allowed so if you fail then pass it will keep the fail, if you set to pass/incomplete you should be able to achieve what you want.