Forum Discussion

JavierReyes-c33
Community Member
2 years ago

Unlocking Restricted Slides to Returning Users

I just launched a course for a few of learners, and the problem is that whenever they finish the course, their finished progress in the module is not saved, and they must restart the module to find a specific slide. As a result, they have to revisit most of the modules to find things. A colleague suggested that I use Javascript Code to accomplish my goal. The idea is for the learner to complete the course and return later to review the information without going through the entire module again. Please shed some light on this matter.

LMS: Oracle

Authoring: Storyline 3.79.30921.0

SandeepGadam
    Community Member

Hello Javier, have you enabled "Prompt to resume" on restart option. You can find this option under the player tab, then click on the gear icon labeled as "other" and choose Prompt to resume option. Relaunch the updated course and give it a try if this resolves your issue.

JavierReyes-c33
      Community Member

Hello Sandeep, 

I followed the steps you provided above, but it seems it did not help solve my issue. Thank you for the try!

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hello Javier, 

Depending on the publishing settings that you used, reaching the end of the course and accessing it again should give you a prompt like this: 

Have you tried publishing your course using SCORM 1.2 to see if this made any difference? What if you test your course in a different LMS such as SCORM Cloud, is the behavior still the same? 

If publishing using SCORM 1.2 doesn't work for you, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a look. at your published course? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

• Once a course is finished it goes into review mode and then ignores the resume data

JavierReyes-c33
      Community Member

Hello Phil, 

Just to confirm, you're saying that once a course is completed the LMS will ignore all progress made and restart the course again?

• Yes it opens in a review mode there used  to be a way to prevent that but I don’t think you can now. 

• Hello, I see this is an older post, and I am wondering if anyone was able to solve for this. I am currently having the same issues. I have tried AICC, SCORM (all versions), shortening the course, troubleshooting with someone at Articulate, and still nothing. 

• Hi Claudia!

Thanks so much for reaching out! I see that you've opened a case and you're working with our wonderful Support Engineers. You're in great hands!

We'll continue the conversation over in your case. 

Have a great afternoon!