Forum Discussion

iGTBTraining
Community Member
6 years ago

URGENT! Subtitle Blinking on a MP4 file

Hi,

I created a Storyline file which contains a video and added subtitle using Add Captions. Then, I published it as a MP4 video with SD resolution. The video duration is 06.41 minutes. The Storyline is also the latest updated one 3.24.17733

However, when I play the video through Windows Media Player, the sub title starts blinking / flickering very often that it is not possible to read the sub title at all.

I am attaching both the Storyline file as well as Mp4 file for your reference.

Please let me know how can this be resolved.

JeffGehlert
    Community Member

Hello,

Have there been any updates or solutions to this flickering issue? I'm experiencing the same problem when I trigger the captions to display when timeline starts. Captions appear in the exported video but with the distracting flickering. Have about a dozen videos that need to be exported.

Thanks

• Hello Jeff and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thank you for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing with your closed captions.

This is still an open issue with our team, so I do not have an update to share at this time, but I've attached this conversation as we continue to track user impact and so that we can share updates with you here.

• We are experiencing the same here in Malaysia. Appreciate your workaround solution or solution itself. We are just publishing an MP4 video and utilising Storyline to create captions. The output is a video format. Even tested through Review 360, it is blinking. thanks. 

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Peter!

I see that you've shared your file with our Support Engineers, and they are seeing this bug still presents itself in your project. We've shared this with our Engineers for review. We'll keep you updated in this discussion. 

• Hello,

I also see the flickering captions in my today's project as well. Is there any solution or workaround to it? Please note that my goal is to keep the captions initially visible.

Thank you in advance for any update on this.

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Beata!

We still have this logged as a bug where the captions flicker when publishing a Storyline 360 course for video. This conversation is linked so we can update you when a fix is released.

• Are there any updates to this? I have a customer needing 15 different languages published to mp4, and the video is nearly unusable with the captions flickering. I also have the captions initially visible.

• Is it possible to get the Build 3.61.27106.0 as an installation file? (It is not available in the Other version history in the Articulate 360 list to install.) 

• Hello Jannicke! 

Great call opening a support case! I see you're working with my colleague Mcgem. You are in good hands!

We'll continue the conversation over in the support case. 

Have a great day! ☺️