Forum Discussion

JessicaRodri773
Community Member
2 months ago

Using Rise 360 or Storyline for my Capstone Project

I’m seeking some insights and advice regarding my capstone project for my master’s program in learning experience design. For this project, I need to design, develop, and later analyze a course. I’m planning to use Articulate Rise 360 for this purpose.

One key aspect of my project is sharing the developed course with a group of professionals in a LinkedIn group. I have a few questions:

1. Publishing and Sharing via LinkedIn: After I develop the course in Rise 360, will I be able to publish and share it directly in a LinkedIn post within the group? If so, are there specific steps I need to follow?

2. LMS Requirements: Is it necessary to have a specific Learning Management System (LMS) to share the course, or can I bypass the need for an LMS by sharing a direct link from Rise 360?

3. Experience and Tips: Has anyone here used Rise 360 for similar purposes? If so, I would love to hear about your experiences, any challenges you faced, and tips for ensuring a smooth sharing process.

My goal is to ensure that I can effectively share the course with the group of learners without running into technical issues. Any guidance or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jessica

• You only need an LMS if you need to track completion and to collect survey and/or quiz data. That shouldn't be necessary for your capstone project.

You could publish the course to Review 360, and share the link to that. As appropriate, you could require a password (or not) and allow comments directly in Review (or not).

FYI: That only works if you have an Articulate license. If you're just in a trial period, you'll lose access to the course in Rise and the Review link won't work after the trial period expires. As per the Terms of Service, Articulate will store that content for up to 6 months. You'll have access again if you buy a subscription within that timeframe. Otherwise, it'll be permanently deleted. 

Another option is to publish the content for the web. The published files are yours to use whether or not you buy a license after a trial period.  Just upload them to a web server, and use the link to the index.html file for launching the course.

For details about Rise's publishing options or Review functionality, refer to the User Guides: https://community.articulate.com/articles/tutorials-and-documentation