Forum Discussion

KenHaas
Community Member
6 months ago

Variable references in text boxes disappearing when resize browser window

I just upgraded to v3.86 and there appears to be a new bug where variable references displayed in text boxes are disappearing when you resize the browser window.  Has anyone else experienced this?

KenHaas
    Community Member

Unfortunately I am not able to share the project files but I submitted a support case yesterday and am waiting to hear back.  I can confirm that the issue is occurring with a few different projects that we recently re-published with v3.86.  They did not do this when published with prior versions.

• Good call on opening a support case! I can see that my colleague Cleo has already started working on it. You're in good hands, and we'll continue the conversation there!

• Could this support case be solved? It seem we are running into the same issue on some projects.

• Hi, Hannes!

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry you've encountered this issue. I see my teammate, Darrell replied to you through a support case. We can continue the conversation there!

If anyone else is experiencing this, the current workaround is to downgrade and publish using Storyline 360 Update 85. For additional assistance, you can reach out to our Support team!

MrJitin
    Community Member

Is there any other solutions to this issue, as we can't downgrade to 85.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi MrJitin,

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue. Our product team will soon release a fix for this bug. In the meantime, you can try upgrading your project text to Modern text. We found that it resolves the problem linked to this discussion as well.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions.