Forum Discussion

TusharK-9cbc78a
Community Member
9 months ago

Visited State Not Appearing

Hi,

I want to showcase the visited state of a button only when the slide has moved forward and visited the next slide. I've pasted one sample attachment with this message.

I used a manual state "Done" (not a built-in "Visited" state) and used a variable along with. The state of button present in the first slide should be changed to "Done" once it is visited to the next slide. But it's not happening so.

Also, when I used the built-in "Visited" state, then the state is getting changed before proceeding to the next slide.

Kindly suggest how to resolve this issue. I want to changed the state of ABC only when it has visited the second slide and returned from there.

• Variable 1 changes on slide 2. Therefore, Slide 1 can't "hear" it change, so this trigger never fires.

Try changing it to "When timeline starts on this slide..."

TusharK-9cbc78a
      Community Member

Thanks Walt! After implementing what you said, I see "Done" from the starting. Though, I want it to appear afterwards.

• Hello Tushar, 

Happy to help!

I moved some of your triggers around to get the interaction to work. Most importantly, I changed the order of these triggers so that the variable value is changed first before the learner is navigated away from the slide: 

Also, I wanted to invite you to our tips and tricks webinars. Once each month at 11am ET, our training team hops on a live call to answer top questions from our customers.

It's super casual (and they're super smart!), so it's a great place to get expert tips and answers to frequently asked questions from our online community. In short, everything you need to create incredible online learning! You can register for the next call here: https://articulate.fyi/3ZiKgu9

And don't worry if you can't make it, because everyone who registers will get a recording sent to them afterwards! There's also a huge list of on-demand past trainings available.

Hope to see you there!